The Pulp & Paper Industry
|Wire Return Rolls in
the Wet End
Wire Return Rolls in the Wet End
|Dryer Drums & Felt Rolls
In The Dryer Section
Dryer Drums & Felt Rolls In The Dryer Section
Thermal Spray Coatings for Boilers and Digesters:
- Are you settling for weld overlay technologies to extend the life of your digester and boiler equipment? By utilizing thermal spray technologies from Plasma Coatings you can reduce costs by as much as 30% and extend the life of equipment by 10 to 20 years. Let us help you fight corrosion and erosion!
To learn more about the process and technology, click here.
You can also check out our partner company, Twin Wire Arc.
Problems in Paper Making:
Stickies (contaminates from recycled paper)
Sizing - starch from the size press
Coating applied to the paper: - example milk carton stock or other moisture barrier products.
Corrosion On Wet End:
Corrosion from Felt Cleaners - Caustic Boil Outs
Corrosion from chemicals added to process
Corrosion from wet process environment
Slippage On The Dry end:
Slippage on start up scratches the paper and contributes to loose core wrap.
Slippage causes telescoping of parent roll.
Slippage causing loose wrap of parent roll.
Slippage causing vibration on winder machine producing uneven wrap.
Reel fall away & bagging.
Traction issues on Rider Rolls that help maintain a "tight" wrap of Parent Roll.
Coating Properties Needed:
Traction / Release / Cleanability / Wear / Corrosion Resistance / Low COF
Release/Cleanability/Wear & Abuse Resistant:
- Steam Hoods
- Strong Backs for Doctor Blades
- Doctor Blade Holders/Fingers/Spacers
- Felt Rolls
- Paper Carrying Rolls
- Dryer Drums
Release/Cleanability/Wear & Abuse resistance/Corrosion Resistance:
- Lead-in Lead Out rolls to dryer sections
- Dryer Felt Rolls
Release, Low Friction, Wear:
Typical cost savings are arrived from:
Elimination or reduction of build - up issues results in:
- Less Sheet Breaks caused from contamination dropping into sheet path during operation resulting in less unscheduled down time & loss production.
- Less Sheet Breaks = Less "Broke" Produced = Less Re-pulping = Cost Savings
- Less Quality Issues from "snowballing" of contamination buildup on critical drums & rolls causing transfer issues affecting product appearance.
- Better drying capacity due to less contamination on dryer drums
- Less maintenance cost due to quicker cleanups during shut downs